Job Code: 03/2021
Job offer from October 11, 2021
The Max Planck Computing and Data Facility (MPCDF) is a competence centre of the Max Planck Society. It is engaged in the development and optimization of algorithms and applications for high performance computing as well as in the design and implementation of solutions for data-intensive projects in close collaboration with scientists of the Max Planck Institutes. The MPCDF operates supercomputers, compute systems and data repositories for various Max Planck institutes, and maintains an up-to-date infrastructure for data management including long-term archival as one of the largest such academic sites within Europe.
Cloud Solutions Architect (m/f/d)
The MPCDF computer and data infrastructure is currently extended to also include cloud-based systems and we are seeking a qualified candidate to join our cloud support team (m /f/d). The chosen candidate will take a leading role in the design, implementation and operation of generic services as well as tailor-made solutions for various Max Planck Institutes using this cloud.
The applicant should have a Masters degree in Computer Science or in Physics, applied Mathematics, or a similar subject, but with a strong and clear experience in IT.
- Creativity for problem solving under changing conditions, as well as accuracy and attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Good knowledge of Linux
- Experience with modern cloud technologies (ideally OpenStack)
- Knowledge of container and orchestration technologies (e.g., Docker and Kubernetes)
- Programming and scripting experience (e.g, Python, Bash)
- Communication with institutes interested in using MPCDF’s cloud-based services
- Development of solutions addressing the needs of these institutes
- Further development of the existing cloud-based infrastructure
- Administration and operation of selected components supporting this infrastructure
- The full time position starts as soon as possible and is initially limited for a period of two years. Salary will be based on experience according to the German TVöD.
- Flexible working hours and a friendly working environment
- Proximity to Underground Station (U6), discount MVV job tickets available
- Free Parking on Premise
Please apply with a letter of motivation and a CV via our online application portal by November 12, 2021. Applications are welcome until the position is filled.
The Max Planck Society is committed to increasing the number of individuals with disabilities in its workforce and therefore encourages applications from such qualified individuals. Furthermore, the Max Planck Society seeks to increase the number of women in those areas where they are underrepresented and therefore explicitly encourages women to apply.